The More You Know, the Better
The more you know about diabetes medicines, the better you will be able to work with your health care provider to choose the treatment plan that best meets your needs. The American Diabetes Association’s most recent guidelines recommend treatment plans that are based on each person’s individual needs. That’s why your health care provider may want you to be as involved in the process as possible. And why you should spend some time learning all you can about managing type 2 diabetes at Cornerstones4Care®, your source for information, education, and inspiration.
For everyone, healthy eating should be an important part of life. But for people with diabetes, it plays a big part in managing blood sugar. Your diabetes care team can help you create a delicious meal plan designed to help you achieve your goals. But keep in mind that it’s important to eat a variety of healthy foods, including plenty of vegetables, whole grains, fruits, beans, lean meats, poultry, and fish. Here are healthy recipes your whole family will love.
Here are some suggestions for dealing with stress:
- Stay active. It can improve your blood sugar levels as well as your mood.
- Be positive. Avoid negative thoughts by concentrating on things that you enjoy.
- Laugh. It may lower blood pressure and reduce stress hormones.
- Practice yoga. It can help you feel calm.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep loss may lead to weight gain and may interfere with your body’s ability to respond to insulin.
Novo Nordisk is committed to your success. That’s why we offer a free, personalized diabetes support program called Cornerstones4Care®. Sign up now to get resources that can help you manage your diabetes your way, including:
- Helpful videos
- Healthy and delicious recipes
- The Meal Planning Tool
- Tracking tools
The live one-on-one support of a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is just a phone call away
Call 1-866-696-4090 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET.