About the Ozempic® Pen
If you’re used to taking a diabetes pill, you may have concerns about starting injections. Many people do. So it may help to know that the non-insulin Ozempic® pen comes with NovoFine® Plus 4 mm 32G needles—the shortest and thinnest needle available from Novo Nordisk. It’s as thin as 2 human hairs!
Take Ozempic® once a week, on the same day, exactly as prescribed by your health care provider.
You can take Ozempic® with or without food.
- You may change the day of the week you use Ozempic® as long as your last dose was taken 2 or more days before.
- If you miss a dose of Ozempic®, take the missed dose as soon as possible within 5 days after the missed dose. If more than 5 days have passed, skip the missed dose and take your next dose on the regularly scheduled day.
- Using the pen, Ozempic® is injected under the skin of your abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Do not inject into a muscle or vein.
- Change (rotate) your injection site with each injection. Do not use the same site for each injection. If you choose to inject in the same area, always use a different spot in that area.
You may be used to putting things like certain foods in the fridge AFTER they've been opened, but with Ozempic® you have options once it's in use:
- Store your new, unused Ozempic® pens in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Store your pen in use for 56 days at room temperature between 59ºF to 86ºF (15ºC to 30ºC) or in a refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- The Ozempic® pen you are using should be disposed of (thrown away) after 56 days, even if it still has Ozempic® left in it. Write the disposal date on your calendar.
- Do not freeze Ozempic®. Do not use Ozempic® if it has been frozen.
- Unused Ozempic® pens may be used until the expiration date (“EXP”) printed on the label, if kept in the refrigerator.
- When stored in the refrigerator, do not store Ozempic® pens directly next to the cooling element.
- Keep Ozempic® away from heat and out of the light.
- Keep the pen cap on when not in use.
- Keep Ozempic® and all medicines out of the reach of children.