About the Ozempic® Pen
If you’re used to taking a diabetes pill, you may have concerns about starting injections. Many people do. So it may help to know that the non-insulin Ozempic® pen comes with NovoFine® Plus 4 mm 32G needles—the shortest and thinnest needle available from Novo Nordisk. It’s as thin as 2 human hairs!
Take Ozempic® once a week, on the same day, exactly as prescribed by your health care provider.
You can take Ozempic® with or without food.
- You may change the day of the week you use Ozempic® as long as your last dose was taken 2 or more days before.
- If you miss a dose of Ozempic®, take the missed dose as soon as possible within 5 days after the missed dose. If more than 5 days have passed, skip the missed dose and take your next dose on the regularly scheduled day.
- Using the pen, Ozempic® is injected under the skin of your abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Do not inject into a muscle or vein.
- Change (rotate) your injection site with each injection. Do not use the same site for each injection. If you choose to inject in the same area, always use a different spot in that area.
You may be used to putting things like certain foods in the fridge AFTER they've been opened, but with Ozempic® you have options once it's in use:
- Keep your new, unused Ozempic® pens refrigerated at 36˚F to 46˚F UNTIL you use them.
- When the pen is in use, you can store it at room temperature (below 86˚F). Or, if you prefer, you can continue to keep it in the fridge (at 36˚F to 46˚F).
- The Ozempic® pen you are using should be thrown away after 56 days, even if it still has Ozempic® in it.
- Do not freeze Ozempic®, and do not use it if it has been frozen.
- Keep Ozempic® away from excessive heat and out of the light.
- Keep the pen cap on when not in use. Never store Ozempic® with a needle attached.
- Keep it wherever you keep your other medicines.
- And take it with you when you’re on the go.